Monday, June 2, 2008

What the Curls took away

my mother wanted a haircut
and with God's grace she could find no other
to do the honoured job for her.. but me

It was simple and exciting
and I readily accepted to do it for her
clip clip clip
my silver scissors clipped away
as the long lush waistlength curls
parted from her and fell with soft thuds
upon the plastic sheet she had spread on the ground

I think I have done a good Job
I smiled as i Collected the hair and ran my fingers down them
to give them that required bounce...

Trust me, she looks beautiful
quite a makeover, i must say
quite like those celebrated women we often see
on the cover page of business times...
quite like those stylish ladies
who often appear
on page three...

She looks smart,
she looks fresh,
But, she looks no longer like Mother

I wonder...
the curls are perfect,
the cut is perfect
the shape is perfect
But there is definately something
which is lost

The curls didnot leave alone...
They have taken their revenge
taken with them
that something...

I look around for her now
and all I feel is cold and empty... on the inside...

1 comment:

Adrian said...

This was a lot of work. So much that you had to write. I have it easily. I never go to the hairdresser or need help. I have my hair always short.