Thursday, July 3, 2008

Daggered

I have been stabbed through my heart.
An eight inch Silver Dagger made
Through and through.
I was caught Unaware,
As I slept through the night,
and he made sure
that the darkness never left,
for me.

The Cut now bleeds.
Out of it flows all the suffering.
Out of it flows away,
my dreams
my beliefs
my soul.
Out of it flows away.
All the Love that I carried in my heart.

I can hear no more,
see no more, feel pain no more.
I want to catch myself, Save myself,
but I can do it no more.
I am ebbing away.
I am drying.
I am dying.

As I call for help
I can only hear my voice echo
As I stretch out my shivering hand
I can only feel
but acres and acres of
empty space,
acres and acres of,
empty, errie space.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is darkness, there is pain but there will be a new dwan, new light and plenty of love. listen to the murmuring stream, watch the flapping wings of a butterfly, feel HIS presence in the tranquility of emptiness around you, oh! what a joy, what a bliss. waiting for the day when the phoeinix will rise and change all that is evil.
an excellent poem though, i loved its passion of expression, its inate feeling and poetic dressing of words.
keep it up.

Adrian said...

This is really sad. Everybody can see that you are maybe on the search. A search for sense or real joy. I could write something similar. Most people are blind to sadness. They only want laugh and laugh without other sides to see.

Adrian said...

From the brain, and the brain alone, arise our pleasures, joys, laughter and jests, as well as our pains and griefs.