Monday, May 19, 2008

Its a way to say

I desperately needed to update this space.. so sorry for this lame post...

lets see.. hmm... wats the lastest news?

well something very funny happened when i got up today

My parents might have tried hard to stuff that little nursery rhyme, early to bed early to rise... in my head but so far it has not shown any visible sign... may be it is as slow to effect as i am...

I usually get up with mum screaming in my ears like some emo rock band's vocalist... but today what got me up was something i am still grappling to believe...

today dad called from office and simply asked me to get ready...

he came home by the time i had my bath.. then we walked to the mall and gosh! we walked into the reliance digital showroom...

Daddy has bought me an ipod nano... something i once jokingly had wanted to posses...

but then that was long time back....

I am holding my dream device now.. and i still cant believe i am holding it...

Its not my birthday today. neither i have scored too well in my exams, nor that i have cracked the CAT or landed in a job with some big firm... like many of my friends...

then...y...

I have been living all these years with dad... its experience which says that if i wanted dad to get me somthing i would have to make a scene, yell, give numerous explanations as to why i needed it.. keep reminding him constantly, while he ate, while he slept, while he woke, while he is driving, while he is in the shower... but Daddy calling me up, walking with me to the store and getting me that i wanted... its like slime accumulating on kerosene....

sorry, i am speechless..... parents can be unpredictable too and stupid me, i used to think i am a bigshot... for i could decieve them so efficiently...

is this some trick against me.. that mum and dad are playing? or is it that i am just being suspicious for no reason...

Strange... life makes one live so downtrodden that it becomes so difficult to believe when something good is happening...!

May be that is how it teaches us... to be Thankful!

2 comments:

Adrian said...

You have formulated well. Above all: It is very personal. Yes, gratitude is important. Your lines show something about you. I have an iPod touch with many music videos...

Anonymous said...

hmmm...lemme guess....uncle has found a match for u! uncle is only humouring u coz ...welll...only a well-fed goat can be sent to abbatoir to be butchered! hehe
jokes aprt, yup! parents can be quite unpredictable at times..pleasantly unpredictable as it turned out in ur case. Enjoy the nano xperience!