Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Difference in 'DIFFERENCE'


Why do i always delay my bath every holiday morning?

Actually i never really thought about that,never pondered for a while if i really want to delay it,but whatever be the reason it has now become a part of my lifestyle.All my life ive just known that following the rigid system of discipline is not what you call 'happening'!And ive always wanted to be happening,having the urge to break the rules,to destroy the determined barriers Ive always wanted to be different,we all want to be in our ways..'DIFFERENT'!

It was the time,when i had run out of school or bunked my classes..i felt guilty for a while..but then someone called out inside "DUDE!we're special man!we're the revolutionaries of our school..we're the ones who would bring a change!"..I was convinced!It was a moment of pride when i stood outside the principles office.Oh!I felt like the next Bhagat Singh!


Then many things followed..I resisted taking lunch at the prescribed time because i wanted to be different.."Even Bhagat Singh did the Bhookh Hartal"..i would say when Dad asked me!

When i was playing cricket all day,my dad asked me to study and i would say...

"Dad!even sachin played cricket and never studied"


Its taken a fairly long time for me to realise...

In the race to be different,everyone has taken the route of the escapist.The word 'DIFFERENT' has been misinterpreted to one's convinience!

For once my chemistry professor said.."Things in the macro world appeals to all..the depth brings the change"..

The words were gold...we all see only the difference in the fact that Bhagat Singh did the 'Bhookh Hartal'..but the fact that he did it with the burning desire to free the country for fifty days..does not appeal to many!

Yeah Sachin never studied,but he played cricket all day till the day..he became a cricketer!He never broke discipline but was the one who could be associated with 'DISCIPLINE's


The crux is trying to be different for a short while is the identity of the ESCAPIST..which we all are..except a few..who dared to be different only for their goals and be different till the end!

1 comment:

trekntrolla said...

who's the guest writer btw !