Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I now write a new chapter


As I lie on my back and gaze at the slowly rotating fan hanging from the ceiling a million thought come to my mind. Life is finally taking a turn. The past now stands far behind, gradually getting reduced to a tiny speck on the vast landscape of time. I move ahead into the yet to come... into uncertainity.

Lying in the semi darkness it strikes me. It is indeed time that I update this space here. But strangely today, I find words failing me. I write them in spilt seconds. Then Split seconds after they spill out they transform their royalty into mere mistakes. I make tons and tons of such mistakes. Since the past hour I have been typing lines and hitting the delete button everytime... making those stray thoughts, stray words, stray marks, vanish in similar split seconds... presenting myself with another chance. Another attempt at perfection.

I hate to disturb this virginal whiteness of this writing space. I hate to blacken its face with expressions of my mindlessness. I hate to bring sin to this little line which blinks so innocently at me. But my position, I cannot escape. All I can do is, desperately seek a justified reason. Desperately seek an exchange for which I would recieve salvation for my soul.

Life is taking a turn. As I lay, I look into this blank page at the beginning of this new chapter. I try hard to figure out that perfect mark that I would make on it. That perfect mark which when I would look back at, would never regret having made it...
It is difficult to erase certain stray marks.
They seem to demand more. Much more than mere delete buttons.

~~

Sunshine brightens a clean new page for me. It glows warmly on all the dark ugly marks of the past, cajoling them slowly to wither and depart. It now radiates a blissful assurance, the chapter ahead will perhaps be, the most beautiful chapter of my tale.

Dear God,

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine I would see day.
Thank you, for this Sunshine I can so call mine.

Please let my Sunshine stay with me, till I breathe my last letter..
And dear Almighty, please let my sunhine stay with me, after my story has long ended..

1 comment:

trekntrolla said...

there are just too many of instances in the blog, which i could go on and on..
Probably , a day wud come, we sitting in park on a bench by a riverside, trees around, and kids playing by it...may be then we discuss them!