Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Rag Doll


You have abandoned your rag doll
you must think,why keep her? Dirty and torn she is
Her hair filthy, her face sooty
her dress..
oh! so course.


I have a new doll now

She is a princess
Look at her golden curls, her sleek figure
the smooth white plastic
her blue eyes which glisten as i move her to light
her dress, oh! so soft n glamorous
she is mine, yes she is
i will flaunt her to all my friends
How jealous.. they would all be!!!


So what if she is so self satisfied?
so what if she doesnt need me to hold her
as she sits on my bed?
so what, if i leave her outside for a while she turns cold against me..?
So what if i can't weep in her bosom when mama scolds me?

SO WHAT??

She is mine, yes she is
The one i have been waiting for



Your Rag doll still lies here... helpless and forgotten
Exactly where you had left her
She knows, perhaps you will never return
still she longs for one warm touch of your hand
Her large stupid buttony eyes
still glistens with hope
her heart wishes to hear,
just one loving word from you...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Touching...
reminded me of a song by shakira, "don't bother"..u might want to check it out.