Friday, April 25, 2008

Daddy's Daughter



For the first time today, Daddy gave me an expression i had least expected...
and a feeling, of a lifetime....

After reading the piece, 'an untuned emotion', with one of his most serious concentrations and reflecting over it for quite some time,
all he said was... "Beta, what is this?"

The Large balloon of my happiness began to leak. All my pride at being able to create something i so far considered a masterpiece began to shatter....but what i felt at that moment was something which i can only call, strange....

Had I become so complex that Daddy, who, would know my mind with a mere smirk of my lips or a twitch of an eyebrow, could not understand what i had described in thousand words ?
Had i become so complicated for him now?

I remember, when as a kid, Daddy would teach me to ride my bicycle.
He would hold my seat and run as i would paddle and try hard to keep balance...After a while i would be lost and when i would turn, he would no longer be there.
He would be standing at a distance , wearing a Godly smile at me...

That would be enough reason for me to start to wobble and crash into the nearest tree or somebody's standing car... Once even a dustbin had its chance.
on my confrontation, he would only say... that he was out of breath...

Today when Daddy couldn't get the poem... a fear stings sharp and it takes me back to my bicycle days.
May be my poem is not that good. may be its completely Bogus!
Or may be i am just wobbling, for Daddy has let go of the seat.

Daddy's Daughter has come a long way..Daddy stands somewhere, Far behind... Probably admiring her...with that Godly smile...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I read this passage over and over again, I could not resist smiling and tears come to my eyes. Ages passed, and I stand amazed looking at "the part of my little heart" fading in the ocean of humanity on her new vehicle.As I stand breathless far behind, It's a terrific joy and anxiousness to let her little finger leave mine. As the vision blurred with tears, I thank Him and pray for His blessing for the little angel on her new journey where Daddy is left far behind and wiping his tears for one more look at his daughter --------

Anonymous said...

beautifully written